I’ve been anxiously awaiting the summer for weeks and weeks and it’s finally here!
I cannot wait to spend some quality, down-time with my daughter and hubby and enjoy some of the great outdoor activities that Baltimore has to offer.
I thought that you might want to share in my list of summer fun, so here it is!
1. Summer Socials At West Shore Park on Friday August 23 at 5pm.
Live music by Rollerblades *my photographer friend Maria’s brother-in-law’s band!, a Waterfront Kids Play Area, Food Trucks, Beer, Wine and Mixed Drinks, and the Walter Sondheim Interactive Fountain! Bring a blanket and enjoy the evening at West Shore Park, located between the Maryland Science Center and Baltimore Visitor Center. FREE.
2. Go to the Walter Sondheim Fountain at the Inner Harbor for a fun splash and an ice cream cone.
3. Hit up Clementine for a Tuesday Taco Night and delicious beer, margaritas and sangria for $5!
5. Visit the musical park at Pierce’s Park and let the little lady run about and make some productive noise.
6. See some outdoor films and free concerts.
Films on the Pier in Fell’s Point features free movies on Wednesday nights beginning at 8:45 p.m. on the Broadway Pier.
On Thursdays at 9 p.m., grab a blanket or a folding chair and catch a free film after dusk on Federal Hill. Flicks from the Hill is sponsored by the American Visionary Art Museum, and admission into the museum is free between 5 and 9 p.m. before the film.
Johns Hopkins University is another great spot for Friday outdoor films. Feature films are played on the green in front of Shriver Hall. Live music begins at 7:30 p.m., with movies starting after sunset. 3400 N Charles Street.
8. Hit up the Farmer’s markets. The Baltimore Farmer’s market under 83 on Sunday mornings is AWESOME!
9. Take some family bike rides. My favorite trail is the Capital Crescent in Montgomery County and DC. The path leads from Bethesda MD to Georgetown DC and is lovely, well paved and easy to enjoy. Yea, I know it’s not in Baltimore. Whatever.